Transformation of the Sainte-Marguerite Church, built in 1949, converted this heritage facility into the new Magog Municipal Library, while keeping the building’s historical architecture in mind.
The new library now includes a lobby, service counter, youth and adult library space, internet and multi-media area and offices. Within the basement of the library, an auditorium provides space for events.
Design for systems such as new architectural and accent lighting, fire protection network and access control system addressed conservation and enhancement of the existing architecture. Air distribution and lighting concepts were developed to integrate with the existing building. Fire protection design at the rood screen level and acoustical soundproofing for the auditorium required careful attention.